Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Mooving Experiences

Hey Everyone,

My name is Melinda Gray and I am a Professional Writing major from Groveton, NH, a small town about 45 minutes south of Canada. A fun media experience I had over break was playing with my friend's new Droid phone. It just amazes me how something so small can be capable of so much. I love how media can give us access to so much information, but I hate how it disconnects people from one another as far as physical and social relationships (i.e., some people spend more time with technology than with people and text more often than they speak face-to-face with a person). My dream for my future is to become a published author, but knowing my odds, I also plan on holding other jobs in the writing field, such as editing and publishing. I was born and raised on a dairy farm, GrayMist Farm, so I would also love to write in order to promote farming and, especially, the dairy industry. I absolutely LOVE cows!


Here's me with my cow, Tillie, whom I lost last February, but love very much!

Apparently, what we do on the farm is considered a "dirty job." Here's a clip from the TV show "Dirty Jobs" that shows what kind of things we do at GrayMist Farm. I have actually done this before, and it is one of the most rewarding experiences of a lifetime!










No comments:

Post a Comment